In line with International Life Saving’s (ILS) objectives to lead, collaborate and partner with national and international organisations to prevent drowning, to promote the provision of lifesaving services and oversee lifesaving sport throughout the world, Surf Life Saving Queensland in partnership with ILS is proud to offer the Lifesaving World Championships 2024 Developing Nations Incentive Program.
20 National Teams from the ILS Category C Full Membership will have the opportunity to secure funding support to the value of 6,000 Euro subject to meeting the selection criteria and following the selection process by the LWC24 Local Organising Committee and ILS.
1. The Category C Member must be in good standing with the ILS – i.e. all membership fees have been paid to the ILS at the date of the application.
2. Up to 6,000 Euro will be allocated to fund a minimum of three (3) competitors with a minimum of one (1) man and one (1) woman – to participate in the National Teams Open (NTO) Championships at LWC 2024 on Australia’s Gold Coast.
3. A Category C Member is free to enter more than one (1) man and one (1) woman in its National Team, however funding is to a maximum of 6,000 Euro. The full 6,000 Euro is therefore only paid if the condition of a minimum of three (3) competitors including a minimum of one (1) man and one (1) woman entered is met.
4. This funding is not available to support entry to the National Team Youth (NTY) Championships at LWC 2024.
5. The 6,000 Euro for each Category C Member is only payable if the three (3) individuals start in at least one individual event in the NTO Championships and is shown in the results list.
6. The 6,000 Euro will be paid electronically by SLSQ to the appropriate Category C Member federation at the conclusion of the NTO Championships.
7. In order to enter the NTO Championships, the Category C Members enter to participate in the NTO with a minimum of three competitors and make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation and will be required to pay the entry fees at registration.
8. If more than 20 Category C Full Members apply for support from the Developing Nations Program, SLSQ in consultation with ILS will prioritise available support. Submission of an application does not guarantee funding will be provided. Applicants will be notified in writing after the submission closing date if their application has been successful or unsuccessful.
Applications Open September 2023
Applications Close November 2023
Application Review December 2023
Application Responses January 2024
More information and application forms will be released by September 2023.
Follow relevant ILS and LWC24 websites, newsletters and social media platforms for updates.